- RSS Channel Showcase 9076022
- RSS Channel Showcase 7463588
- RSS Channel Showcase 1057107
- RSS Channel Showcase 7272432
- 12/16/16--00:20: St. Mark choir makes special appearance at Sacred Heart
- 06/02/17--02:47: OLPH parishioners lauded for preservation efforts
- 08/04/17--01:46: Sacred Heart Parish in the midst of major renovation
COLORADO SPRINGS. “Join me in singing ‘Silent Night,’ one of the most beautiful carols ever written,” said Diana Corliss to everyone gathered while dinner was served to a group of homeless and vulnerable people at Sacred Heart Parish in Colorado Springs on Dec. 4.
As the sweet strains of “Silent Night” began, priests, volunteers, the homeless and infirm all sang together in a reminder of what Christmas is all about.
It occurred at an event called The Lord’s Dinner, held each Sunday at Sacred Heart. Volunteers from area churches take turns preparing and the serving the meal.
MANITOU SPRINGS. Members of a vibrant and determined community turned out on a stormy evening May 18 to celebrate the accomplishment of preserving Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church and to see Chuck Smith, parishioner and retired architect, receive an award from the Manitou Historic Preservation Society. Other parish leaders were also honored at the event.
COLORADO SPRINGS. Sacred Heart Parish in Colorado Springs is undertaking a major restoration of the church’s interior — 95 years after its last renovation in 1922.
“I am thrilled to put a process in place to make the church last for another 100 years,” said Holy Cross Father Ron Raab, pastor of Sacred Heart. “This is my real goal.”